Welcome to Episode 1 of NAEMT Radio - the official podcast of the National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians!
We begin with a warm welcome from NAEMT President, Susan Bailey who introduces herself and provides an overview of upcoming NAEMT events which include:
EMS ON THE HILL www.naemt.org/events/ems-on-the-hill-day
Advocacy is core to NAEMT’s mission. EMS on the Hill is on March 29 and 30. We encourage everyone to attend in person, if possible. If attending in person is not possible, consider going to your Senator’s and Congressional Representative’s local office to advocate for EMS.
NAEMT Key Legislative Priorities are:
- Reauthorization of SIREN. Senate bill 26 authored by Senators Durbin and Collins
- We are working to introduce legislation to make the CMS COVID-19 waivers for ambulance services permanent which expire on May 31.
- Treatment in place
- Transport to alternative destination
- Telemedicine facilitation
- Community paramedicine support for hospital home health programs
- EMS Counts Act – needs to be reintroduced because the bill did not pass in the last congressional session
LIGHTHOUSE LEADERSHIP MENTEE DEADLINE
The Lighthouse Leadership program identifies, develops and mentors the next generation of EMS leaders. We have received over 50 mentee applications and will shortly be announcing the selectees.
NAEMT will be hosting listening sessions at the end of this month:
- Region 1 – 2/21/2023 at 11am CT
- Region 2 – 2/23/2023 at 11 am CT
- Region 3 – 2/23/2023 at 3pm CT
- Region 4 – 2/21/2023 at 3pm CT
Invitations to the members in each region will be sent out shortly.
NAEMT will be developing an APP that will allow access to courses, membership benefits, membership renewal, etc. We are currently in the development stages.
NAEMT Radio is hosted by NAEMT member and Light House Leadership Mentor Rob Lawrence, Director at ProEMS / Prodigy EMS.
To learn more visit www.naemt.org